Infarm is the world's fastest growing vertical farming network, founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. Passionate to eat better, they were growing their own food, enjoying all the flavor and nutrients, without the chemical pesticides and transport kilometers.
With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global cloud-connected farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. Infarm provides premium local fresh produce at affordable prices. For everyone. Everywhere.
Who you are
You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As a Senior Maintenance Operations Specialist you will play a key role in leading the Maintenance Operations of our farming network around the globe.
- You will be responsible for lead, support and oversee Infarm Growing Centers Maintenance technicians within our facilities globally.
- You will become an expert of our systems and will provide guidance for technical issues, breakdowns, outages or any failures or deficiencies. Communicating these issues with 3rd parties will also play a big role.
- You will manage relationships with key suppliers for services such as equipment or facility maintenance.
- You will help identify recurring issues, structuring these and documenting them into the company playbook and author standard operating procedures (preventive and corrective Maintenance).
- You will provide constant feedback from the ‘’field’’ to our partners R&D and software departments and support the improvement of our product and farming system,
- You will help coordinate on-call maintenance globally and be part of the remote support team
- You will conduct KPI reviews of maintenance teams on regular basis
- You will develop training programs according to Health and Safety standard
- Minimum of three years of related experience with a strong technical background
- Fluent English and German communication skills
- Graduation in science or engineering or proven experience in the trades
- Valid EU driver’s license (Class B)
- Valid EU work permit
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking abilities and hands-on mentality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Basic electrical knowledge and experience.
- Professional demeanor when dealing with customers
- Open to travel anytime
Other things we would like to see:
- Mechanical, or plumbing certification, training records and/or references
- Electrical certification
- Engineering background
- Previous work experience and background in indoor farming, ag-tech or horticulture
What we offer
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.