Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Production Lead Grower, you will be tasked with the general supervision of the production team. This includes planning all schedules for production growers, performing farm and plant checks, reporting harvest records, performing floor audits, and updating sales orders. The Lead Production Grower acts as the initial stakeholder for all production-related issues and updates.
You have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for Infarm and our mission. Moreover, having high attention to detail and being well organized are among your strongest skills. You are essential in successfully maintaining and managing the production floor.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Perform daily audits in the production floor and team workflow, to ensure a high standard of quality produce;
- Responsible for production workers schedule, according to production demand;
- Ensure the safety of the production workforce by following and applying Health and Safety legislation and guidelines;
- Report on harvest records and plant health, using our internal Infarm app and project management system;
- Embrace a leadership position in the production grower team, while being responsible for the team/individual performance
- Hold 1:1 meetings with the production growers, and hold regular production grower team meetings to communicate policies, procedures, schedules, priorities, workloads, rules, and instructions;
- Coordinate sales order packages by reviewing and monitoring daily shipments
- Constant feedback to the Production Operations Manager, for production operations improvement, in order to maximize efficiency
- Daily audits on production farms and work closely with the Plant Health Expert to ensure a successful yield
- Instruct the production team to follow Infarm's plant care guidelines, developed by our Plant Experts
- Maintenance of daily production stock
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 to 2 years related production operations experience including people leadership, ensuring operational procedures are met and executing on processes; Bachelor's degree a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Leadership and ownership mentality to ensure highest quality of product output
- Effectively handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and organize workload for the production team
- Creative problem-solving ability to identify and implement process improvements to create efficiency
- Attention to detail, specifically around tracking and recording production schedules
- Intermediate MS Excel skills to include pivot tables
- Ability to follow protocols under predefined production schedules to meet deadlines
- Work experience in horticulture and/or food production a plus
- Time management, interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism
- Flexible with work hours and willingness to work on weekends
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs to work with tall vertical farms to plant and harvest
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.