About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
The OpportunityUrban Sports Club is currently hiring for a Lead Product Designer to manage our team of UI/UX Design professionals. In this lead-by-example role, you'll have ownership over individual design projects while establishing processes that aid in the success of the team as a whole. How can we leverage the power of visual design to convey a compelling brand message that's unified across all mediums? This is just one of the many obstacles you'll be helping us tackle head-on. Think you're up for the challenge?
How you apply your skills
In addition to your own design projects, you will lead the way in defining and shaping our design culture by addressing the following:
- How do we prioritize product design topics?
- What can we do to streamline communication and collaboration between Designers, Developers, Product Managers and key business stakeholders?
- How can we ensure our Designers are consistent across all content mediums?
- How do we develop products and new features in stages of ideation?
- How do we create and maintain a user-centric design process?
- How can we create a constructive feedback process that stimulates professional development for our team members?
You’ll also be responsible for hiring, leading and developing a growing team of Product Designers and User Researchers.
What you need to succeed
- Experience designing successfully shipped digital products with a large user base
- Strong leadership capabilities with experience training and developing team members
- The desire to remain hands-on with individual design projects
- Experience with evaluating and implementing processes/initiatives which improve the work dynamic between the design teams and other business departments
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals, objectives, and overall brand message into high-quality digital experiences
- Stakeholder management skills: you will represent your team by communicating their needs, setting realistic expectations and knowing when to push back on competing demands
- Experience leading design sprints, UX workshops, stakeholder trainings, etc.
- Firm knowledge and understanding of how to apply UI design methodologies to iOS, Android and Web products
- Proficiency with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
- Bonus points for experience/familiarity with Design Systems, as we are looking to implement this in the upcoming months!
What's In It for You?
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a fast growing, innovative and performance-driven company during the outset of its international market expansion.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- Lots of learning opportunities! We enable you to grow both personally and professionally.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces self-responsibility, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas.
- Many additional perks including: regular team events, foreign language classes, periodic home office flexibility, choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (and lots of colleagues to use it with!)