Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network of hydroponic farms, connected by IoT, that brings farming to the people. The Lead Maintenance Technician oversees and leads all maintenance activities of the team including maintaining the warehouse and in-hub farms, tracking Maintenance team KPIs, monitoring the alerting system, maintaining all reports, and performing the duties of the Maintenance Technician when required. This role is essential in the successful function of the Maintenance Team as well as the proper coordination between the Global Crop Operations Team, Inventory Specialist and City Operations Manager. The Maintenance Lead solves technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans utilizing exceptional communication skills, maintains smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Lead workflow and provide training and direction to the maintenance team and track team KPIs, as aligned with City Operations Manager and NA Maintenance Manager
- Support maintenance team with regular 1:1s and hold regular maintenance team meetings
- Update Business Operations Manager on farm performance, maintenance items and team schedule and individual performance
- Complete the servicing and installation of all equipment according to an established service schedule, company standards and within acceptable time frames as well as troubleshoot and rectify potential problems on location
- Respond to emergency calls at work and/or farm locations
- Apply knowledge of products and seek additional training/education, as appropriate
- Solve technical problems that may arise related to the system pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Identify, answer and solve basic software issues using internal platforms
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub, legibly and accurately document all work completed according to company policy. When servicing our customer locations, this will require driving. Conduct both preventive and corrective maintenance tasks according to the predefined processes; follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Work closely with our InFarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Build and maintain customer relations in the field to ensure excellent customer service and enhance the company's image
- Use our online reporting system to log work and any issues with the farms to our head office and provide close feedback to the R&D teams
- Mix chemicals as needed according to safety guidelines
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience in a team lead role; High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates degree or other secondary education preferred
Strong practical maintenance skills including with both electrical and plumbing components; Trade or vocational training a plus
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach to leading a team
- Ability to safely handle and mix chemicals
- Strong attention to detail and eye for caring for and cleanliness around our farms
- Displays the ability to be an outstanding ambassador for our brand
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.