Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
As Lead Field Grower you will be responsible for leading a team of FieldGrowers in the FaaS Bielefeld Hub. Your prior experience as a Grower with infarm, strong leadership skills and a passion for plants and high-quality food will provide you with the expertise for this role. You will keep our customers happy by guiding your team to ensure only top-quality produce and happy seedlings leave the infarm Plant Hub.
Who you are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Build and lead a team of Infarmers across the city
- Understand and own every aspect of your team’s performance
- Manage the onboarding of new team members and provide expert instruction, interpretation and feedback to continuously improve performance within the team
- Be responsible for driving continuous enhancements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service
- Determine appropriate course of action for issues that arise and are beyond the team’s scope with the mindset of “there is a solution to every problem”
- Manage time and tasks effectively, putting the needs of the customer first
- Provide professional mentorship to staff in order to improve services and staff
Continuous process improvement
- Working together with other teams team to make them fully understand our processes in the field with the goal to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
- Lead mid-term tactical projects
Develop processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies
- First leadership experience in a relevant field
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coach and cultivate a successful team
- Establish and maintain an encouraging and cooperative working environment
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Flexible schedule and availability for assisting team whenever needed
- Lead by emanating positivity and accountability
- Customer oriented thinking: always trying to achieve perfection
- High level of organizational skills: ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities and the ones of others
- Strong problem solving & multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress and self-starter
- Computer skills (Word, Excel. etc.)
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and caring for cleanliness
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.