Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
Your MissionAs a Lead Engineer for our OOH team, you will be responsible for managing the most complex integration projects and their technical infrastructure, and provide expert consultation in developing an ever-growing web based product together with our Product Owner.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for translating business objectives into technical execution for your engineering team as well as for development and implementation of strategies for technological growth.
- Drive Backend projects directly or indirectly and provide architectural and technical leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Review implementations and provide in-depth technical guidance for improvements.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Frontend engineers and encourage them to constantly reach new heights within their career.
- Work closely with the rest of the tech leads and senior engineering leadership team to ensure we're building a highly reusable codebase.
- Successfully partner with team members from Product, UX, Backend, Frontend and Data to support building smart web products.
- High proficiency in fullstack engineering, profound knowledge of Java and a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem.
- Solid experience in building microservices and distributed systems, as well as an understanding of web tech.
- Proficiency in NoSQL and SQL databases and in high-throughput data-related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop).
- Passion for writing clean, well-maintainable code and eagerness to provide regular code reviews to your peers.
- Experience with continuous delivery systems and in building tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, SBT).
- Passion for learning new technologies and ability to take pragmatic and adequate choices regarding tools for different tasks.
- Experience working in agile development (Kanban / Scrum) in multi-functional teams, and eagerness to own the project from the draft to its completion.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to provide leadership to a small team of engineers and to maintain a collaborative and friendly atmosphere where everyone can learn and grow.
Our Software StackJava 11+, Spring (Boot, Config, Cloud), Terraform, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, AWS (Batch, Lambda, SQS, SNS), BitBucket, Jira, Git, Teamcity…
Why us ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers.
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company.
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world.
- You can work within flexible working hours / home office regulations and have an opportunity to work in our charming office in the heart of Berlin.
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package.