Infarm is the world's fastest growing vertical farming network, founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. Passionate to eat better, they were growing their own food, enjoying all the flavor and nutrients, without the chemical pesticides and transport kilometers.
With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global cloud-connected farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. Infarm provides premium local fresh produce at affordable prices. For everyone. Everywhere.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The Global Launch Operations team (GLO) contributes to that mission by laying the groundwork for successful operations for each new Infarm production launch around the world, while building and onboarding local teams to hand over to upon successful commercial launch.
As Infarm's “Launch Operations Manager” you:
- Plan, manage & overlook all operational aspects of a newly opening Infarm hub - from setup to launch and handover to the newly-hired production operations manager.
- Are responsible for remote planning of the operations of the hub but will also manage the first weeks of its commercial operations on the ground.
- Will interact and work with stakeholders from a variety of infarm departments to make sure the project gets off the ground on time and will need to be up to date on a variety of ever-changing Infarm operational standards as the main representative of Central Operations in every Expansion project.
- Are the first manager many new infarmers in a new market will meet and represent the company and our unique culture as we grow.
- Are responsible for the operational performance of a new hub until its production has stabilized and achieved levels that can guarantee continued delivery to the retail client(s) - across plant production, maintenance, quality control and warehouse operations.
- Coordinate a team of Launch Specialists who are going onsite to train the newly joining operations teams. Together, you are responsible for making sure that the operations teams are able to run by themselves by the time we commercially launch the hub.
- Oversee 3-4 launch projects at a time, spending 2-4 weeks abroad per project during launch along with two Launch Specialist trainers and the local operations team.
This role requires a jack-of-all-trades, entrepreneurial, challenge-seeking, problem-solving operational leader with startup experience. We’re looking for someone who’s equally comfortable diving into timelines & data, studying newest operations techniques as well as rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations, Economics or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience with operations management, business consulting, or startup experience; ideally in a hyper growth startup and/ or a company with a physical product.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of ambiguous tasks to ensure success.
- Ambition to learn to understand all operations aspects of plant production at Infarm.
- You are willing to lead, execute & hustle, going the extra mile to deliver according to ambitious launch timelines.
- You are comfortable working abroad 2-4 weeks per project. Otherwise you can work remotely/ from anywhere.
- Cross cultural understanding and ability to adapt to new ways of thinking and environments.
- You are agile, a quick and logical thinker who stays cool under pressure.
Fluent and able to communicate effectively in English, other languages are a plus.
- Candidates located in Europe, US, Japan or Canada can apply for this role.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home
Please make sure you save yourself a copy of the job description as we will take the ad offline when a certain number of candidates has applied. Please include the word “Basil” in your cover letter and note that applications with cover letters are highly prioritized.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.