Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our team as a Junior Site Reliability Engineer and collaborate with our Senior Engineers to shape our engineering culture and the future of our platform. Side-by-side with best in class Software and Site Reliability Engineers, you will work in an effective team, aligned to our Technology Platform Tribe. Here you will improve your developer skills in a high-impact driven environment. Be involved in the full cycle of Personio’s infrastructure (from inception to maintenance), and learn about the architecture of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
What you need to succeedOur current biggest engineering challenge is to transform our legacy (PHP, Ruby on Rails) monolithic systems into Kotlin microservices. For infrastructure, we use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies already, we would appreciate an open mindset, the willingness to learn and the following profile:
- At least 1 year of experience writing web applications in an agile software team gained through student work and internships or professional working experience
- Experience with a scripting language (like Bash, Python or Golang) and SQL-based relational database design (Postgres / MySQL)
- You are familiar with infrastructure as a code in a cloud hosted (ideally AWS) environment. Experience with pipelines, Terraform or Docker in production is a plus
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
- Curiosity. You are eager to learn new skills and technologies. You are always seeking to improve and grow
- Proactive problem solver. You are committed to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with international talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are excited to be involved in the delivery of low to mid complexity features and the implementation of bug-fixes
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping Personio and have a direct impact on the daily work of hundreds of thousands of users
- 1,500 EUR of development budget per year for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and opportunity to work from home on a regular basis.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich
- Weekly German language courses
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich and skiing trip to Austria)
- Because joining us at an early stage shows your trust and confidence in Personio, we want you to also profit from the success of the company. Therefore, we will offer you a competitive compensation package (e.g. salary, benefits, virtual shares)