Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our team as a Junior Backend Engineer and partner with our Senior Engineers to shape our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, side-by-side with best in class Software Engineers. Here you will improve your developer skills in a high-impact driven environment. Be involved in the full cycle of feature development (from inception to maintenance), and learn about the architecture of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Our current biggest engineering challenge is to transform our legacy (PHP, Ruby on Rails) monolithic systems into Kotlin microservices. For infrastructure, we use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies already, we would appreciate an open mindset, the willingness to learn and the following profile:
- At least 1 year of experience writing web applications in an agile software team gained through student work and internships or professional working experience
- Production experience with Java (or other JVM-based language) and SQL-based relational database design (Postgres / MySQL)
- Object-oriented design skills. You can express yourself in language of objects and relations—and then implement it in code
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value whatever it takes, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
- Curiosity. You are eager to learn new skills and technologies. You are always seeking to improve and grow.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with international talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are excited to be involved in the delivery of low to mid complexity features and the implementation of bug-fixes
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years´
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Parental benefit: In case your kids get ill, you may take up to 10 additional days off
- We offer Visa and relocation support
- Health insurance (company level plan): private health insurance for 43 € for Personio employees, spouse and children
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!