As part of the Controlling team, you’ll play a key role in the financial reporting and accounting world of SumUp. Our team is based mainly in Sofia and consists of more than 30 people with a diverse and broad accounting and financial expertise. Together, we maintain the accounting records for all European companies of SumUp. If you’re excited about supporting a fast growing and diverse business, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Junior Accounts Payable Accountant to help with day-to-day accounting activities.
What you’ll do?
You will download and distribute all invoices from shared mailbox.
- Record AP documents in the system and assess the quality of these documents.
- You will also communicate with Business partners and budget owners where approvals from them are needed.
- Handle issues with received documents – e.g. incorrectly billed invoices, invoices billed to another entity, etc. with the vendors.
- You will record and reconcile the bank statements in the accounting software.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have high attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have an experience in a relevant role
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field.
- You have excellent spoken and written English language skills. German as a second language would be considered as advantage.
- You are a self driven individual, that can take charge of their responsibilities
- You are a strong team player able to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- You are target driven with the ability to remain focused on goals and maintain effective work despite challenges.
- You have critical thinking and problem solving attitude.
- You have great time management and prioritisation skills.
- You thrive in multinational and diverse environments.
Why you should join SumUp? - Perks & benefits:
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll get an additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working model.
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp (max. 35)
- You’ll receive an annual learning budget.
- 10 days educational vacation
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.