If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder ( https://www.sennder.com/ ) is in need of an outstanding talent to join our technology management team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain.
The IT Support Manager is here to plan and build our IT services in order to help stabilize our rapid growth. The role is based in our Berlin office.
Your challenges will be:
- Shape the IT team consisting of project manager(s), support specialist(s) and administrators by hiring and retaining critical talent, coaching, guidance and helping the team become better both as individuals and as a team
- Manage the distributed L1 Helpdesk across offices
- Managing the budget for IT services, hardware and software
- Define and implement hardware supply strategy and optimize the inventory management
- Introduce rollout, maintenance and disposal procedures for IT equipment
- Establish KPIs and SLOs for internal IT Services
- Optimize license attribution across vendors within Sennder
- Orchestrate account on- and offboarding for Sennder staff
- Oversee and drive the implementation of security policies to fulfill data privacy regulations
- Monitoring the availability of the IT infrastructure across all offices
- Collaborate with office, finance and people departments to align business objectives
- Enabling the company staff to work remotely in times of COVID-19
- Support our expansion to new countries by establishing infrastructure for our branch offices
To get there you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in a IT management role with experience in managing a team (ideally experienced with remote, distributed teams)
- Solid understanding of processes and procedures as well as mapping them in IT systems
- Deep technical expertise in the fields of SaaS applications, WiFi, networking and security
- Independent, analytical and structured way of working and thinking
- Entrepreneurial approach with a strong edge for quality and data driven solutions
- Excellent communication skills paired with business level English
- Experience with Google Workspace, Azure AD, Jira, Windows and macOS (Linux is a plus)
What we will be offering:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- A cloud first company, outsourcing problems and services where reasonable
- We collaborate at times with the Engineering team for integrations and cross-cutting solutions (API integrations, SSO et. al)
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.