The Payments Self-service Squad is enabling the global SumUp merchants to run their business as smoothly as possible by providing them with accessible and intuitive self-services for accepting card payments. We strive to turn transactions into interactions and are inspired by creating products which our customers love. If you are excited by problem-solving and motivated to make an impact for our million merchants, come join our squad.
If you share our passion for changing the status quo and you believe in working the agile way, then you would be a great fit for our team and we’ll create some great success stories together.
What you’ll do
- In the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write tests and how we keep performance tip-top.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful. You'll help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You'll be great for this position if
- You're comfortable with Swift, Objective-C and the iOS ecosystem (4+ years of development experience)
- You're comfortable with Git and the command line in occasional situations.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team effective and efficient.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- You are familiar with using RESTful APIs
- Experience in creating and managing CocoaPods frameworks is a plus.
- You are open-minded and ready to explore 3rd party SDKs, solutions, benchmarking, integrations and testing (we want only the best for our customers).
Why you should join SumUp
- You'll be exposed to technologies like OpenAPI, Swagger, modular architecture as part of the development process.
- You’ll be part of a team that tries to learn from each other irrespectively of level. We believe code reviews make us better developers.
- You’ll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects
- You’ll have time to experiment and learn new things according to your interests
- You’ll be able to attend global offsites/hackathons/team events
- You’ll have a competitive compensation
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport cards
- Various discounts for SumUp employees
- Attractive referral program
Our team’s health and wellbeing is always our top priority. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working fully remote but we are monitoring closely the situation and once it is safe to go back to the office we will also offer:
- Transportation to/from the office building
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages
- Innovative office design featuring an amazing Sofia view, a music room, events forum space, fully equipped kitchen facilities, and cozy meeting rooms
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.