As a iOS Developer in the Merchant Bank tribe, you’ll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's own digital bank. You’ll be part of a local, autonomous and cross-functional team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
Sitting within the Merchant Bank Tribe, the Engagement value stream addresses how we can build solutions to simplify financial processes for small businesses operations. You’ll help us define ways to incentivize the customer to use the product and maximize the value the customer gets out of these operations.
As a Mobile Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable, secure and easy-to-use features inside our mobile app that’s exposed to millions of users across the globe. You’ll empower customers with smooth, effortless and engaging banking experience.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers along with the backend specialists.
- Build our banking mobile app to help provide banking operations for our merchants across Europe.
- Dive into the code and learn how to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features and how we write tests and keep performance tip-top.
- Develop major features that impact our merchant base.
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful.
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You're comfortable with Swift programming and the iOS ecosystem and have 4+ years of development experience.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You have experience with Cocoapods dependency management in iOS apps
- You know what to test and why to test it.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis.
- You have great English communication skills.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description.
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, sports, and yoga.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German classes, subsidized Urban Sports Club membership, and other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.