At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
Was dich erwartetYour mission at SimScale will be to support the backend team by continuously improving and extending the platform that serves our users. This means taking over clearly defined development tasks in an increasingly complex service-oriented system, written mostly in Java. You will also act in a role supporting our QA and user success team by tracking down the source of bugs or anomalies in our system.
Our product is unique in giving you into a complex service-oriented system in the interdisciplinary field of science and computing.
Unsere AnforderungenMinimum qualifications:
- Solid development experience in a non-trivial project, either at university or in industry
- Some experience or knowledge about RESTful cloud and/or microservices
- Strong sense of code quality: you follow design patterns and the principles of clean code
- Curiosity, drive and persistence in understanding a complex system
- Ability to work on-site in our Munich office
- Availability for a minimum of 6 months
- A completed or ongoing course of studies in Computer Science with a focus on software engineering or a comparable degree with corresponding professional experience
- Ability to work productively with a Linux system
- Involvement in open source projects
Was wir zu bieten haben
- Convenient and central location in Munich (reachable by U-Bahn, S-Bahn and Bus)
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- An independent, professional work environment
- Fun team events
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
Weitere InformationenWould you like to work in an “engine room”, meaning working on the core of a cutting-edge distributed web application, chasing bugs and designing effective, efficient, and elegant solutions? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application via our online application system.