About usRemember when you were a student? Most likely you were short of cash and had a limited choice of jobs. Our Founders Cihan, Frederik and Fritz remember that too and that’s why they started Zenjob. We believe you should be able to do a job you like and be able to fund your life as a student.
Our vision is to change the future of work with technology. We start doing that by offering students jobs in real-time through our app and providing companies with a platform that manages their staffing needs. Today more than 10.000 students, we call them Talents, fund their studies through Zenjob and already close to 1.000 companies trust us with providing great talent.
We’ve come a long way in a short space of time. While there are many things we’re already proud of achieving, there are still a lot of decisions to be made - so you’ll get to shape and build things from scratch.
Our international (23 different nationalities) and creative team of over 150 ambitious and passionate Zenies are at the core of what makes us unique and who we are. It’s important that we acknowledge and celebrate this diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. We are backed by Acton Capital (also investor in Etsy, HomeToGo), Red Alpine (N26, Juniqe) and Atlantic Labs (EyeEm, Soundcloud). All of them share our vision of growing a sustainable and game changing business.
We are looking forward to welcoming YOU!
How you’ll contributeAre you a passionate team player who is looking for a once in a lifetime experience in a successful startup?
Zenjob is offering you immediately a variety of exciting work opportunities, quality employee training and the possibility to be a part of a talented, diverse team. Start as an working student (part time), intern (fulltime) or write your Bachelor/Mater thesis at Zenjob.
- You will learn to develop innovative solutions for distributed scalable systems
- You will learn to handle complex data and integrate with external business services
What you bring
- You are familiar with Java or similar languages and interested in web or backend development with Groovy and Grails
- You don’t need us to hold your hand, but you like working in a team
- You are studying in the EU or with Erasmus
- You are available for at least 3 and in the best case 6 months
- You ideally have experiences with Spring, Grails, Ratpack or similar web frameworks
- Super extra points for experiences with Elasticsearch, Postgres, Restful APIs, AngularJS, AWS (CloudFront, S3, OpsWorks and more), IntelliJ and Git
- If you want to build scalable service and micro-service-oriented architectures on AWS with a modern build pipeline, it's a plus
- You will work on a great product and change the way people work
- We know what we’re doing, but there are still a lot of decisions to be made - so you’ll get to shape and build things from scratch
- Grow with our international and creative team, with more than 130 ambitious and crazy Zenjobbers, from 23 different nations
- Possibility of working student position after internship
- Experiment with new technologies and gain hands-on experience in an agile environment
- We offer opportunities for self-development and learning, including trainings, workshops and an allowance for industry events and on top we also offer free German and English language courses
- Enjoy our super central, laid back office with free catering on Fridays
- As a startup, we pride ourselves on flat hierarchies and short decision paths and you will work with a young but experienced team
- Various free drinks, fruits and regular team events are waiting for you
- We also have scuba diving on Friday
Think this could be for you? Apply now with your resume, availability and a brief explanation why exactly You are right for Zenjob.
We are looking forward to your application!