At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As Installation Specialist, you are part of the team responsible for managing the successful installation and testing of infarm’s unique farm systems at our clients’ locations, from local venues to large scale international roll-outs. The Installation team travels extensively to keep up with infarm’s ambitious expansion plans. As we enter the US and Canadian markets, we are on the outlook for Installation Specialists who are energized by challenges and can help us execute our ambitious expansion plans on the ground.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Conduct and successfully complete farm installations on client’s site according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Work with external partners such as plumbers and freelancers as defined by the infarm Installation Supervisor
- Complete installation reports and document issues through a number of online tools
- Drive vehicle to deliver supplies and end products to special events and store locations
- Support and execute on various projects as agreed with other infarm departments
- Continuously provide feedback to improve infarm’s processes in general and the installation team in particular
- Bachelor’s degree preferred along with 2+ years of experience as a tradesman with some strong technical background in one or several of the following areas: electricity, plumbing, pumps, valves, coolers, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to drive to all store locations required
- Willingness to travel (both domestic and international)
- Proactive attitude and “hands-on” approach
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- The job also involves heavy lifting and extensive traveling so you should be active and in good physical shape. While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 19 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in and strive to grow an inclusive environment focused on promoting mutual respect. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.