About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Security Analyst to manage our security incident response process and strategically anticipate future threats against our infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Security team’s mission is to prevent threats in N26 infrastructure and help teams build secure solutions through consulting, tooling and analytics.
As part of the Infrastructure Security team, you will be helping keep N26 customers' bank accounts safe by detecting and responding to any threat in our cloud and on-premise infrastructure. You will collaborate with engineers and analysts to identify signals and processes that can be leveraged to improve our threat detections at scale.
In this role, you will:
- Design and build automation for our security incident response processes.
- Establish guidelines, standards and runbooks for our teams to respond to incidents.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to increase our log coverage and visibility.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
What you need to be successful:
- Familiarity with host or network-based intrusion detection systems of various log formats.
- Deep understanding of attack techniques and the threat landscape
- Experience with using SIEMs to conduct and support security investigations.
- Familiar with the challenges of processing security events at scale.
- Understanding of Linux and ability to write scripts.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management tools.
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Understanding of internet and computer networks (TCP/IP, TLS, VPN, etc).
- Quickly learn and implement new technologies to further organizational goals
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.