Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones’ uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we’re committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Information Security Architect will focus on building a culture of security around the product development processes at Clue. You will be reporting to the CTO and working closely with the engineering, product, data and regulatory teams to ensure that security becomes a part of the product lifecycle to increase and maintain trust in our users that their data is safe and secure.
- Instill a secure culture and define and execute security goals, strategy, and policies
- Risk analysis, modeling and security assessments
- Lead the security architecture of the core system in coordination with engineering teams
- Work on security initiatives with DevOps on cloud infrastructure
- Manage internal vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of client applications and APIs
- Work with external parties to fill-in security questionnaires on behalf of the company
- General technical advice on security, governance and compliance
- Work with people and finance departments on organisation security measures
- Coordinate engineering guild with focus on security initiatives
- Hire and mentor team members
- 3+ years of security experience
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience as senior or lead engineer in complex development projects
- Clear and empathetic communicator
- Ability to assess and manage privacy risks, policies, and control implementation
- Ability to perform system analysis of investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and making strategic recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
- Experience in architecting software for scale with security in mind
- Experienced establishing and approving security policies, controls, and cyber incident response programs
- Experience working with loosely coordinated distributed systems
- Experience working with health data is a plus
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and free on-site coaching
Learn and grow with a personal education budget
Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
Flex Fridays: One day per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.