About the opportunity
N26 is looking for a S to develop comprehensive, integrated social media strategies that drive engagement through N26’s storytelling. Reporting to the Director of Social media and Content Marketing, this role will develop and manage a broad strategy to develop world-class standards for social media marketing. The ideal candidate will have proven experience using social media to strategically build brands, create attention, build communities, and generate user advocacy on a global scale. For N26, they will market our products and services via social media (organic) and content (blog, UGC, digital content platforms), crafting best-in-class campaigns that create transformative customer experiences across channels.
As a leader within the Marketing Department, they will formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms, and measurement tools that provide exciting opportunities to engage audiences and leverage social media & content platforms. In addition, they will use their extensive marketing experience to find optimal paths to integrate social media content/activations into N26’s other traditional and digital marketing activities.
Adopting a lead-from-the-front approach, this individual will build and develop a team, as well as work hands-on with Product, Paid Social, Brand, Life Cycle Marketing, Production, Creative, Operations, and Content Teams.
In this role, you will:
- Own the development of the strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels
- Work with N26’s in-house Marketing team, outside agencies, publishers, platforms, and other partners to identify and activate creative and efficient ways to plan, execute, and measure social media marketing that connects with customers and enhance engagement
- Lead the development and implementation of a wide range of content types: video, animation, still imagery, audio, blog/editorial, and other content that best utilizes relevant social media and digital platforms
- Develop and lead the content strategy for social media, drawing upon N26’s extensive storytelling narratives and content types
- Measure and analyze performance and make both real-time and long-term recommendations for optimizations; create a framework for KPIs, goals, and attribution for success
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy and Analytics to intimately understand N26’s customers, products, and brand positioning
- Become an expert and champion of N26’s community, ensuring our content is focused on the needs of our users
- Identify opportunities and own relationships with external customers
- Work cross-functionally to execute on plans with various internal teams including Product, Brand, Acquisition Marketing, Life Cycle Marketing, Production, Creative, Operations, and Content
- Become an expert in Community, Cultural, Technological, and Market trends, provide inspiration and thought leadership on ways to reach and engage customers
- Establish repeatable methodologies and mechanisms that enable frugal, fast, and responsive content development and distribution
- Communicate learnings from contributor to executive levels to aid in future planning and development of best-practices across the Marketing Department and larger organization
- Build, lead, and manage a team of talented professionals
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrated several years of professional experience in social media marketing and strategy for institutions with a high consumer focus, either in an agency or in-house
- Experience managing and executing large-scale social and digital media channel programs for a consumer company or global brand.
- Managerial experience, including hiring, developing, and motivating a social media and content team to perform at the highest level.
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts, and developing novel approaches within your team or company.
- Case studies of engagements directly led that demonstrate development and execution of social media strategies that connected with audiences, grew communities, and delivered on KPIs.
- Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation creation skills.
- Ability to think creatively with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas for customers.
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
- Desire to mentor across the team, department, and larger organization.
- Ability to work across multiple simultaneous assignments and operate autonomously in an ambiguous, start-up environment.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.