Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As Head of Retail, you are responsible for the overall success of all the Retail outlets (= supermarkets locations) which includes meeting your financial and customer service targets. You are responsible for maintaining standards – including all Health & Safety practices and procedures, maximising margin potential, and identifying and implementing new products and service offers, whilst maintaining the highest level of service
You will also ensure all company campaigns are executed on time, within budget, and achieve all of Infarm's strategic brand objectives. This position will assist in the planning, implementation, and coordination of marketing, commercial, financial, and operational activities in order to optimize the success of Infarm's product and customer sales.
As Infarm's “Head of Retail” you:
- Be the direct point of contact to retailers in your country/region
- Maintain your department B2B and B2C KPI’s
- Maintain large retail accounts
- Build and extend the sales pipeline
- As Head of Retail, it is your responsibility to create an enjoyable customer experience which exceeds customary standards and service levels
- Introduce new products and services to the retail partners and extend our offering in the store
- Maintain a good relationship with the main management leaders of each retail partner
- Maintain and build client retention programs
- Seamless customer journey through training, developing, and leading by example
- Maintain brand standards within presentation and service in the store
- Maintain accurate client data-base information - CRM management
- Prepare sales and marketing initiatives in the store and in the online channels
- Liaise with Business Development department to create promotional offers, assist with the development of promotion calendar within the retail space
- Prepare marketing materials
- Attract and retain core talent and manage others to their maximum potential; develop and maintain high levels of team effectiveness and satisfaction
- Business-level Japanese and English skills
- At least 5-10 years of experience in working with/for a retailer in sales, category management, and/or buying departments of fruits and vegetables
- BS/BA degree in marketing, design, advertising, or a related field.
- 8 years experience in developing, implementing, and tracking client-facing and product oriented processes.
- Experience in managing accounts and clients
- Proven track record in managing sales, marketing, and service teams
- Extensive retail knowledge
- Innovative thinking
- You bringing with you existing network and connections to key figures in the retail world in your country
- Experience in in-store and market activation (both online and offline)
- Experience in the introduction of new products
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven record of increasing revenues through different strategies and new products introductions
- Have the ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges. Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- A high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and decipher data
- Ability to create presentations for internal and external executives and senior management
- Experience managing complex, long-term projects across multiple regions, departments, and teams with keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Like and available for business travels
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Employees’ pension insurance, health insurance, employment insurance and industrial accident insurance based on laws and regulations.
- Commuter allowance
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.