About the opportunity
We are looking for a leader to support N26’s customer-centred growth strategy, by building the tools that help keep our customers and our bank safe each and every day.
Driven by fast moving, rigorous and innovative risk management, our Financial Crime Prevention team is unleashing the full force of our data and engineering excellence to build a scalable financial crime detection platform for payments and users so we can function as a shared service provider for all our business lines globally.
The Financial Crime Prevention product segment, works closely with members from our Bank, Legal, and Compliance teams but also Commercial departments, delivering safe and compliant solutions with a customer-first mindset.
We are looking for a data-driven, customer-centric, Head of Product to build a key part of the infrastructure of the future bank and help deliver key growth and operational metrics.
In this role, you will:
Lead and develop the Financial Crime Prevention, Identity & Authentication product segment and a team of high performing product managers to deliver a world class financial technology infrastructure, fully compliant and user-centric.
- Develop and execute on a strategy for the evolution of N26’s Financial Crime Prevention products, their interactions with the rest of the organization, and their global rollout
- Partner closely with Bank, Legal and Compliance to develop solutions for financial crime prevention tools and customer identity systems that will support N26’s ambitions.
- Own the Financial Crime Prevention product roadmap and OKRs, regularly sharing insights and results with C-level staff, board members, and other key stakeholders.
- Act as a role model for the product and organisational culture.
- Engage other segment leads to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders in the segment to ensure that teams are set up for success.
What you need to be successful:
- Proven track record of building a scalable financial crime prevention system to protect the assets of the financial institution and its customers in a mature fintech startup or similar environment.
- Deep understanding of risk management in the banking ecosystem, including familiarity with regulations.
- Strong technical understanding and exposure to the latest emerging AI and fraud prevention trends.
- Demonstrated history of customer obsession, purposeful innovation, and solving big problems.
- Strong analytical capabilities and ways of looking at data to tell a coherent, persuasive, multi-dimensional story.
- Well-honed people leadership skills, with a history of building and leading high-performing product teams.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including trade-off management and conflict resolution.
- Extensive experience working with agile methodologies, leading multiple streams of complex work, and communicating and instilling the vision across Product, Tech, and partner teams to achieve a clear focus.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.