About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
About the roleAs a Head of Product (f/m) you are leading and building our Product team at our Berlin headquarters. You work closely with the founders and the rest of the management team to reach the company’s vision. You are taking care of every element of our product from concept to post-launch performance. As a leader, you feel responsible for reaching the company’s overall goals and for your individual team members. The position is located in Berlin.
- Build, develop and grow our Product team to greatness
- Provide hands-on and cooperative leadership to guide the Product team in defining and owning the Product roadmap
- Be the chief facilitator and driver for the integration of non-tech company functions such as Marketing, Sales and Customer Care in the definition and prioritization of Product goals and themes
- Define and track KPIs to measure performance and purposeful development of our products
- Define and drive Urban Sports Club’s product vision and strategy based on our overall company vision
- Establish a cross-functional team of engineering, design and product with individual themes/goals and coach them to build amazing products and services in an efficient, collaborative and fun way
- Foster collaboration and partnership between Product and Tech to create outstanding products and services that amaze as well as inspire our customers and drive revenue
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a comparable position and a proven track record in successfully building, leading and developing high performing teams in a scrum/agile environment
- You are motivated by the idea of establishing a new product team, are hands-on and have the willingness to do groundwork as well
- You can bridge the gap between business and technology through a deep understanding of complex business processes and requirements
- You bring the analytical skills and precision to analyze the necessary data to evaluate opportunities and autonomously make or foster well-founded product decisions
- You have successfully managed internal and external stakeholders to add value to the company and product strategy
- You can quickly adapt to new challenges as needed while maintaining a clear mind set and razor-sharp focus
- You have demonstrated product development with a strong and lean UX focus and previous success in delivering state-of-the-art products and features
- You are a positive thinker and an outstanding communicator in English (German is a plus), who can unite cross-functional teams to common goals
- You have an entrepreneurial mind-set and creative approach to problem-solving.
- You are excited by the ongoing change within the fitness and sports industry and want to be part of it.
- You enthusiastically encourage and take care of our shared core values and deeply care about the vision and success of Urban Sports Club
What you can expect from us
- Flat team hierarchy
- Healthy work environment – free premium access for you and your friend or partner to all offers on Urban Sports Club
- Best tools and equipment to get the job done
- A work process aimed at minimizing interruptions, we'll support you to try the best new technologies and grow professionally
- Monthly team events as well as free drinks and snacks from Coffee Circle Kaffee and GegessenWirdImmer at the office
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance, if needed