About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Head of M&A to build and lead a small team of professionals to steer all M&A activities to further accelerate the growth of N26 across the globe. You will have the opportunity to develop an entirely new team to execute on M&A deals, having a tremendous impact on the fulfilment of our growth targets.
In this role, you will:
- Define the M&A strategy and build deal flow together with our businesses
- Be the central point of contact for the M&A activities of N26 Group with an active role in deal origination and negotiation of terms
- Hire, structure and manage a team of Corporate Finance professionals, working closely with teams across the board.
- Screen the market and find additional opportunities to acquire businesses that complement our existing offering.
- Execute national and international M&A transactions, including bidding processes, transaction structuring and participation in contract negotiations
- Prepare company analyses and valuations using different valuation methods as well as the creation of corresponding financial models in collaboration with Group Accounting and Group FP&A
- Draw up transaction documentation, e.g. information memorandums and decision-making documents
- Tender and monitor due diligence procedures (financial, commercial, technical and legal)
- Organize post-deal reviews and support in post-merger/post acquisition integration
What you need to be successful:
- 5-7 years of experience in investment banking in the field of M&A
- Ideally: experience in M&A transactions in the fintech industry
- Sound knowledge of Banking & Fintech industries
- Still very much be a hands-on contributor to a small, but high-performing team
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, including detailed financial modelling
- Proven project management skills
- Strong hands-on approach and entrepreneurial drive
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.