Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
This is a remote position that does not require to be based in our Berlin HQ.
As Infarm's “Head of Activation & Installation” you will:
- Manage all farming equipment installations at partner retail location and Infarm growing centres, from delivery sequencing and installation to commissioning and operational handover
- Think strategically about optimizing the entire installation and activation process, as well as dive directly into tasks when needed
- Be adaptable and able to hire, manage and coach a diverse team of field installation teams in the pursuit of delivering operational farms safely and within tight timeframes and budget
- Establish a successful relationship with other functions in the Company and in the wider Europe team: Sourcing & Real Estate, Sales, Construction and Operations
- Be ultimately accountable for activating our facilities by handing over functional farming units to the local Operations team, according to the yearly plan
- Focus on Delivery: oversee all aspects of the lifecycle of several installations running in parallel, including external installation partners, plumbers and electricians
- Budget: own and report on an Installation Capex/Opex budget tied to expansion objectives
- Resource management: manage resources to ensure the team is properly staffed to deliver on the objectives; analyze pipeline requirements and assess potential resourcing needs
- Leadership: be responsible for the continuous improvement of team members and installation team processes
- Communication: champion excellent team communication, liaise with cross-functional leadership as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant experience building and leading teams in an engineering, construction and/or technical commissioning setting
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing all aspects of installing and commissioning industrial equipment, and developing and implementing processes in a technical environment
- Ability to influence horizontally and vertically across the organization to keep project goals on track
- Experience leading, mentoring and guiding large remote teams
- Relationship - and partnership-building with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanour
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.