Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people.
As Infarm's Head of Global Launch Operations, you will be a key member of the expansion leadership team, and will:
- Lead, manage and coordinate a team of operations managers responsible for laying the groundwork and building the operations from the ground up for each new Infarm growing center launch around the world, while building and onboarding a local team to hand over to
- Know the playbook and business backwards. As the first team to operate new infrastructure and Infarm businesses, you will be required to always understand, contribute to and rollout Infarm’s best practice with each launch
- Be the very best of Infarm. As the first team to interact with new Infarmers, your team will need to be the culture bearers of teamwork, hustle, excellence and the very best of Infarm’s qualities
- Lead & support Infarm operations in new facilities until predefined metrics have been met to allow for handover to the local team. These activities are broad, consisting of operations planning, plant production, nursery operations, employee scheduling, stock management, budgeting and ultimately being responsible for meeting KPIs of the facility
- Oversee and own the expansion & operating lifecycle from fit-out completion until the handover in line with Infarm’s IGS model, broader strategic objectives and KPIs (P&L)
- Build and deliver processes and tools to ensure the above lifecycle is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace
- Iterate and define the handover metrics & process: you will define, build and own the method that Infarm expansions hands over to day-to-day operations
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders to meet Infarm’s expansion objectives around strategic scale, cost leadership, operational reliability and one Infarm
- Hustle, execute, and lead. You will have the opportunity to build Infarm infrastructure & operations from the ground up, playing a direct role in the overall success of Infarm
- Manage an ever-changing variety of internal requirements (e.g. hardware) and projects, and effectively communicate these expectations and requirements to key internal and external stakeholders
- Lead a team. Manage & coach a team of high performing mobile & remote senior operations managers, and continue to develop strong talent to deliver on your goals.
This role requires a jack-of-all-trades, entrepreneurial, challenge-seeking, problem-solving operational leader. We’re looking for someone who’s equally comfortable diving into data to identify opportunities as they are to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. The ideal candidate is a creative strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, has experience identifying, prioritizing, and testing new concepts, and above all else is a true executer, ready to recruit and coach a team to deliver results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of operations management, business consulting or related experience managing operations/logistics, building and leading diverse teams, developing and optimizing processes, and achieving operational goals; entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of ambiguous tasks to ensure success
- Analytical Thinking. Data-driven mentality and strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze data to pull key insights, and then lead your team to execute on those insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues and external partners, lead and manage a team, and create a hard-working but fun workplace
- Black belt in problem-solving with a “Get It Done” attitude
- Excellent organization and time management for yourself and your employees
- Clear Communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight the key insights.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.