Fraud Prevention Manager
As leader of our Fraud Prevention team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the business and its reputation for excellence and trust with our merchants. Together, this team devises innovative strategies to develop and implement anti-fraud measures for SumUp's business, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and minimising risk, and in consequence impacting the lives of millions of small merchants all over Brazil and globally.
If you’re excited about empowering small business owners around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Fraud Prevention Manager to help us revamp our strategy for SumUp's current and new products and services.
What you'll do
- Lead major initiatives and the fraud prevention team in order to mitigate card not present Fraud, effectively reduce chargeback rate, and improve Fraud Prevention Workflows;
- Work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of squads and tribes to manage the business needs, understanding the customer experience to make business- oriented recommendations and ensuring the requirements and implementation of anti fraud measures for current and new products;
- Test and implement solutions to improve our decision making process - and as a consequence, add value on our boost our performance for current and new products;
- Ensure that the fraud prevention team is properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported;
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build awareness on fraud risk throughout the organisation.
- You will report directly to the Head of Finance Operations
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You are experienced with proven track record in the world of Anti Fraud for card not present products;
- You have strong leadership skills;
- You are skilled in working within a matrix environment and cross- functionally with business, operations and technology functions, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing and growth oriented environment;
- You have high-energy and a creative person, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to work in a fast-growing and changing environment;
- You speak fluent Portuguese and English - you will communicate ideas and concepts to team members and stakeholders from a wide range of positions, countries and cultures, and to build strong and productive relationships and develop innovative solutions.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents;
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact globally and define a new fraud prevention framework and strategy attending to SumUp business needs ;
- We have a dedicated budget for attending conferences and external training for you and your team;
- You will work with a genuine purpose : Improve the lives of small business owners around the world.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.