Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
The Head of Food Safety, Quality & Hygiene will be responsible for ensuring that all products Infarm produces taste great, are safe to eat, and are fully compliant with all applicable regulations governing food safety and quality in each of our locations. They will lead a team of specialists focused on improving standards across our global network of hubs, will lead our response into all food safety and quality issues, and will push to constantly improve our best practices in this discipline.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
Overall responsibility for ensuring that we produce safe, legal, high quality products across all of our global production sites, putting integrity at the forefront of what we do.
- All aspects of food safety, quality and hygiene for our hub and instore operations
- Ownership for our HACCP system, and developing and implementing HACCP plans for new products and processes
- Communicating results at a senior level, giving a refined, simplified and clear picture of what is going on, why it is being done and what it has achieved
- Manage our Global GAP certification process and build upon our on our existing Global GAP accredited quality system documentation and procedures
- Head up the Crisis Management and Product Recall process, leading all necessary meetings with urgency and carrying out root cause investigations with clear recommendations for further action
- Working cross functionally with Crop Science, Crop Operations, Industrial Engineering and Change Implementation teams to ensure food safety and hygiene has been fully considered within new products and processes.
- Give guidance to a team of Quality and Safety Representatives within our regional production teams on the necessary regular checks (ie GMP Audits, environmental testing) that need to be in place on their sites, and monitor and trend results.
- Work with site based teams to ensure that any finished product that is unsuitable for sale does not go to market, and that non-conformance reports are generated and corrective actions put in place accordingly.
- Take the lead in reducing the number of quality rejections and complaints, establishing performance indicators and management systems to monitor trends and prioritise actions and providing responses to customer queries through your team.
- Provide feedback and work with the operations team to improve food safety and quality aspects of manufacturing processes
- Supporting any customer or external audits with regulatory bodies
- Development, implementation and maintenance of our supplier approval and specification systems - conducting off site supplier audits where required
- Demonstrate a keen sense of leadership to your team, showing passion, drive and rigour to make sure actions are completed ahead of time and beyond expectations
- Being a role model for the team, motivating and inspiring them to continue to drive their performance.
- Degree level qualified in a relevant field, with extensive (at least 5 years) of food manufacturing experience in a food safety and quality related role.
- A strong leader who inspires confidence and builds trust across the business
- Strong at communication, with a track record of working cross functionally across other departments
- Comfortable with in-depth data analysis and driving action off the base of the evidence that this provides
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Passionate about improving standards, and willing to challenge existing processes
- Articulate with a consistent logic based approach
- Someone who recognises the achievement of the team is greater than the individual
- Willing to get hands on and directly involved with implementation where required
- Experienced in managing crisis response situations
- Fluent in German and English
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.