Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As Head of Food Production DACH (m/f/d) you will ensure the smooth running for all of our production sites in the entire region and guarantee that only the best plants reach our internal and external clients by adhering to our standard best practices, hygiene and quality standards while maintaining your goals on profitability. You will be responsible for the management, development and expansion of the production site and team and will provide creative solutions for challenges. You bring a high degree of personal responsibility and initiate or lead projects to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee the production sites in the DACH region and ensure the smooth integration in the overall supply chain and processes of Infarm
- Ensure top-quality products by applying best-practice processes and tools of the “infarm growing system” by working closely with regional and HQ experts
- Ensure we run world class manufacturing facilities and ensure adherence to food safety and hygiene standards at all times
- Take over the responsibility and ownership for the cost management and KPIs of your production region as well as drive improvement plans and initiatives
- Ensure we have the right hiring processes in place to bring great people with the right attitude into our production teams, and partner with the Academy team to ensure they have the right training and tools to perform their job effectively
- Ensure we have a strong, happy and motivated team across our production sites
- Drive improvements to our systems and operational processes together with central R&D and Central Operations by constantly challenging the status quo - collect constant hands-on feedback from your Production Operations Managers and Team
- Prioritize, request and manage central support resources within your region and in cooperation with other stakeholders
- Partner with our Capacity and Production Planning Managers, Operations Managers and our central operations team on coordinating and managing production capacities to ensure we meet customer demand 100% and with zero waste
- You have proven leadership experience in a leading position in production or operations management in the FMCG manufacturing area, ideally in a high care food environment, and across multiple sites
- You have proven experience with managing teams - setting objectives, performance management, development plans, etc.
- You have a dedicated leadership personality with excellent communication skills
- You have a degree or background in production, process engineering with a focus on a scientific/agrarian, process-oriented background;
- You have problem-solving and project management skills and experience in budgeting, planning and business administration
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to work efficiently with Excel to draw relevant insights from a mixture of qualitative and quantitative data
- You are confident working in a rapidly changing environment with a continuous development of structure and processes
- You have knowledge of and experience with food safety regulations
- You are able and willing to travel frequently to our production sites across the DACH region
- You are fluent in English – German would be a strong plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.