If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing technology start-up sennder is on the lookout for an exceptional talent to join our core leadership team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe.
We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
We are currently looking for a Senior Finance Manager who joins and ramps up the Finance Team from our office in Paris. The successful candidate will help us scale our Accounting operations in France.
YOUR KEY CHALLENGES :
- Ramp-up a finance function and be the sparring partner of the local CEO & GM
- Manage a 5+ members team in charge of finance operations (invoicing & payment of shippers & carriers)
- Manage the daily accounting activities (outgoing and incoming invoices, fixed assets) in close cooperation with our external accounting provider
- Prepare the month-end closing (revenue and cost accruals, intercompany reconciliation, payroll postings, account reconciliations) in close collaboration with the sennder Germany team
- Prepare a monthly variance analysis for management and forecast cash flow needs
- Assist with external audit requests / internal information requests
- Build and improve internal accounting processes
TO GET THERE YOU WILL NEED :
- Can-do attitude - you are a natural problem solver and not reporter
- Strong financial acumen and deep understanding of accounting processes
- Strong accounting knowledge (French GAAP and IFRS)
- English language skills at a professional level
- Excellent communication skills; proven stakeholder management of senior management
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably Netsuite, but not required)
- Proactive and self-responsible work style
- 4-5 years of work experience preferably in a Big4 or similar position
WHAT WE WILL BE OFFERING :
- A part of an international company with office locations in 5 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities.
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Competitive salary
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams.