About the opportunity
N26 continues its rapid growth and is looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to lead the Core Banking segment within our Tech organisation.
In this role, you will:
- Work side by side with a Head of Product to define the segment vision, OKRs and long term delivery roadmaps that meet organisational, security, regulatory, legal and technical standards
- Ensure high standards of delivery and operational excellence
- Build a top notch engineering culture in collaboration with functional Leadership (principal engineers, agile coaches, etc.)
- Be a manager of managers and build strong leadership culture
- Enable cross team collaboration and alignment with the focus on delivering impact in a timely manner
- Drive key initiatives within your segment and across organizations within N26
What you need to be successful:
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the following domains: payment processing, treasury, ledgers, regulatory reporting
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience working on a rapidly evolving product in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple engineering teams and a track record of influencing and delivering technically complex projects with company-level impact.
- Experience managing multiple engineering teams and managers
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Interested in working with a fast-paced and quickly growing company
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Experience building high load, high availability distributed systems scalable to millions of monthly active users within strictly regulated environments
- Experience working in a globally distributed company.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.