About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Head of Business Intelligence and Analytics (f/m/d) to join and strengthen our team. The position is located in Berlin.
This highly-influential role will be a trusted advisor to senior business leaders, providing strategic consulting and data-driven business recommendations.
This is a fast-growing, impactful opportunity for a true visionary, wanting to take their career to the next level through a combination of hands-on leadership, program management, governance, staff management and technology skills.
How you apply your skills
- Work with founders and department heads to establish a vision, and to create a culture that treats data as a company asset.
- Spearhead the transformation of Urban Sports Club into a data-driven company, making full use of our data and tech assets to drive business value.
- Take a hands-on role in research and development projects to continuously improve customer experience, leveraging our vast amount of data and current technologies.
- Scale, hire and lead a cross-functional team of data analysts, data scientists and data engineers to provide business insights that influence decisions across all departments.
- Establish and implement processes and structures to optimize use of available resources.
What we use
- Postgres, Redshift
- Airflow, REST API, JSON
- AWS, Debian, Docker
- Git for Source Control
What you need to succeed
- Extensive experience (5+ years) leading Data Science and Analytics teams and responsible for influencing core business decisions.
- Able to effectively translate and communicate the output of complex data science models to non-data science consumers.
- Desire to work in both a hands-on and strategic function.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a broad range of analytical, statistical and machine learning techniques (Deep Learning, NLP, AI, etc.).
- Exposure to a variety of data visualization/exploration tools (Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Metabase, Jupyter, Airflow, etc.).
What's In It for You?
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a fast growing, innovative and performance-driven company during the outset of its international market expansion.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- Lots of learning opportunities! We enable you to grow both personally and professionally.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces self-responsibility, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas.
- Many additional perks including: regular team events, foreign language classes, periodic home office flexibility, choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (and lots of colleagues to use it with!)