Passionate to eat better and grow their own, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help grow a new food system, to protect our planet, health & taste!
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The marketing team contributes to that mission by 'Growing a worldwide network of engaged Infarmers (employees, partners, citizens, influencers) who want to enjoy the goodness of super fresh produce while growing a new food system together.'
The Growth Lab is our creative, market-driven product development hub, where we develop our Grown Infarm super fresh product portfolio to stand out at the points of sale. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Growth Lab Director to lead the hub.
As Infarm's Growth Lab Director you:
- Lead and grow the Growth Lab hub, reporting to the VP Marketing.
- Create an 'innovation projects and business cases-funnel' with various risk and growth potentials.
- Drive sales by releasing successful end products and bringing a state of the art customer experience to the market. Excel in retail channel knowledge and understand trade marketing; always exploring innovative new concepts.
- Service customers to co-create strategic opportunities and develop a long term partnership.
- Coach the team with clear roles and responsibilities, optimizing the processes and interfaces with all stakeholders.
- Transform the hub and way of working from 'processing projects' to creating a proactive vibrant team with a clear roadmap leading and inspiring the commercial department with 'a catalogue to choose from' and a constantly filled funnel with new consumer driven propositions and concepts.
- Support the regions with setting up their own local product development processes and align ways of working with a clear vision, roadmap and playbooks. Create synergies and be a good listener and sparring partner for the regional/ country managers supporting them to realize their sales targets.
- Improve the business sense in the team, understanding portfolio management and improving business cases/margins without compromising on quality and consumer experience.
- Define KPI's, monitor and continuously optimize the product performance.
- Take on and lead strategic projects yourself.
- Live the brand and the Infarm values from the inside out.
- Inspire & surprise, make people smile and love the Infarm Growth Lab.
- 12-15 years of relevant working experience in trade / retail marketing and product development roles in FMCG / food, preferably with fresh food experience.
- Thorough understanding of the retail channel; love for 'store checking' (when abroad you always visit a local supermarket / mall to check out new sales concepts and new products. True?)
- Master in project management and star in bringing simplicity in complexity.
- Proven people skills, you have led and coached a team of 7+ people and have worked in multidisciplinary international matrix environments.
- Good sales, communication and presentation skills, your pitches are irresistible.
- You have worked in a high growth fast changing environment, being able to balance strategic thinking with hands-on pragmatism and business sense. Agile and flexibility are key.
- Fluent in English.
- You also read job applications completely and show it by writing “I love Wasabi Rucola” in your application letter.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks!
Please apply by 27th of Sept for best consideration.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.