“Nothing happens until someone sells something”. As a VC, we see it everyday: the smartest founding team with the best product idea in the world will fail if they can’t figure out how to scalably sell it. With an own department of specialists in the area of Sales & Customer Success, we’re determined to help our ventures sell by building and providing industry-leading expertise throughout their entire commercial funnel. The Sales Development Graduate Programme was created with the goal of accelerating the growth of our ventures while accumulating and distributing sales knowledge within Project A. Learning, applying and sharing is our formula for success and you will get to do this on a daily basis.
Start date: May/June 2021
In a nutshell:
- The duration of the program is 18 months, broken down into 3-4 projects at different companies
- After a comprehensive 4-week onboarding inside Project A, you will start your first of 3-4 projects of about 3-4 months each directly at our ventures, developing their sales
- You will have weekly meetings with your mentor and regular trainings inside Project A together with your fellow trainees and other colleagues
- Other learning opportunities will depend on your interests and could include for example a sponsored certification in a CRM system like Salesforce or a course on social selling
- The learning won’t stop after your traineeship: our goal is to keep working with you, either inside Project A, or within our portfolio, your further development is in your hands and we will do everything we can to help
What will keep you challenged?
- Using phone, mail or social channels to generate and hand over interested prospects to the sales team, gather customer insights, structure feedback and improve sales approach regularly
- Recognize inefficiencies in CRM systems, research lead sources, analyze data needs, negotiate with lead suppliers and organize data imports
- The learning opportunities throughout every commercial aspect of a startup, from business development to qualification sales, marketing, content, CRM and more
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A Bachelor’s, Master's degree in business (or related degree) or an MBA - Please submit your grades with your application
- A high interest in learning about and executing sales in daily customer contact
- Previous work experience, with a big plus on sales experience and customer contact
- Being a talented communicator interested in taking their skillset to the next level
- A love for numbers, data, structure and analytics
- A start-up mentality, which means being enthusiastic, self-motivated and hands-on
- German and English at a negotiation level
What to expect working with us:
- Make your ideas count and shape the development of our portfolio companies - at Project A you can really make a difference in the venture capital scene
- Have a steep learning curve, take responsibility from day one and profit from continuous learning and develop both personally and professionally
- Well equipped and modern office with rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin
- Become part of a highly professional and motivated team and work in an open and harmonious working atmosphere
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Gain an instant network within our Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups... the next one maybe even organized by you!
- Take advantage of discount opportunities from our portfolio companies
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.