About the opportunity
N26 is seeking a Government & Public Affairs Manager for our Berlin office to strengthen our Government & Public Affairs Team.
As Government & Public Affairs Manager, you will play a key role in bringing the N26 story to the attention of key decision makers and break new ground in shaping the regulatory landscape via constructive dialogue with regulators, legislators, politicians and other relevant stakeholders at national and international levels.
By engaging with stakeholders primarily in Berlin and Brussels, you will contribute to the debate about the relevant legislative dossiers, interact with industry peers, associations and other interest groups.
You will be reporting to the Director Public Affairs.
In this role, you will:
- Continue broadening the Government & Public Affairs function, acting as the key facilitator for our relationships with legislators, regulators, supervisory bodies, associations and industry peers in Germany and across the EU.
- Work closely with the Director Public Affairs and the leadership team to execute a detailed outreach action plan for key politicians, regulators and public officials.
- Map out key stakeholders and relevant policies at German and EU level.
- Closely monitor the public policy initiatives and how they impact our business.
- Contribute to consultations and other public hearings.
- Work across N26 to bring regulatory policy strategies and developments to the attention of all N26 stakeholders.
What you need to be successful:
- Around 3-7 years of professional experience in public policy management and government relations.
- Strong grasp of German and European political systems and institutions.
- Established relationships and connections across the German and EU regulatory, supervisory, and legislative landscape.
- Knowledge about the relevant digital and financial services dossiers.
- Experience in the technology, financial services and digital sectors preferred.
- Strong track record in stakeholder management.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and an ability to adjust to changes in priorities.
- Excellent command of English and German language.
- Great communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Join one of the fastest growing FinTech companies operating in exciting markets, being at the forefront of innovation
- Great team with direct access to decision makers, a getting things done attitude, and a fun at work atmosphere
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.