About the opportunity
We are seeking a Fullstack Engineer to develop internal applications and Microservices with Node.js, TypeScript, React and GraphQL.N
Our team Internal Tools provides solutions for our in-house users like Customer Service and Operations. Our applications are at the heart of the most important business processes of the Company. By being directly in touch with our users and working truly across the whole stack we’re able to deliver them the best features.
In this role, you will:
- Implement new features in our internal web applications on an ongoing basis.
- Be in direct contact with the users of our applications to gather new requirements to improve their user experience and productivity.
- Actively discuss implementation details and software architecture together with the other team members.
- Work together with the product development teams and other departments who are using our internal tools.
- Embrace change and daily challenges while following the principles of the Agile development methodology.
What you need to be successful:
- Practical experience with web service development using Node.js or another backend language.
- Practical experience with developing modern web applications using frameworks like React, Ember, Vue, Svelte, Angular, etc.
- Firm grasp of object-oriented programming and common design patterns.
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship including testing and a passion for reading and writing good documentation.
- Good understanding of Node.js and experience in using it for the development of web services and libraries (npm packages) or command line applications.
- Recent experience with React for the development of web applications and their integration with backend APIs.
- Experience with designing web service APIs on the backend with either REST, GraphQL or both.
- Know-how about relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.