In Sofia's Payments Tribe, our goal is to build a global financial ecosystem while turning transactions into interactions. Payments processing is the core of the SumUp service and ecosystem, and that’s why we are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small businesses. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be part of a team with a clear mission and goal to make our customers more successful doing what they love.
In the Verification squad we are building the verification mechanisms to help us verify the identity of our merchants in the least disturbive way. We have hundreds of thousands of new merchant registrations per month, and it is crucial that we have automatic ways of verifying their identity. To achieve this, we are integrating different third party providers as well as developing our own tools.
At SumUp you can be the hero who enables small merchants around the world to accept payments seamlessly in a safe environment!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work with a modern tech stack built on React, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Jest, and React testing library.
- You will be a part of a colocated cross-functional team and collaborate with professionals from Engineering, Product and Design to bring exciting new features to our merchant-facing web applications.
- You’ll follow UI design best practices to contribute to our component library Circuit UI, not only to help your fellow devs in the company build consistent features, but also to give your input to the open-source community.
- You will receive feedback and mentorship from your fellow frontend engineers.
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF
- You have some experience in building SPA applications, preferably with React
- You have a hands-on experience with implementing responsive UI designs
- You think in a reusable and component-oriented way (or you are eager to learn)
- You are able to communicate fluently in English about various technical topics
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF
- You have an understanding of UI and unit testing concepts
- You have a full-stack mindset and are open to learning other technologies which are not constrained to web development
- You are familiar with Docker and/or Kubernetes (or willing to learn)
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- You'll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects
- You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse and international team
- You'll be able to attend global offsites/hackathons/team events
- You'll have a competitive compensation
- 10 days educational vacation and personal educational budget
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport cards
- Various discounts for SumUp employees
- Attractive referral program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Transportation to/from the office building
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massage
- Innovative office design featuring an amazing 360 (insert symbol) Sofia view, a music room, events forum space, fully equipped kitchen facilities, and cozy meeting rooms
- Food and drinks for all SumUp employees
- Various sports activities, such as running, football, table tennis, etc
Sounds interesting? For getting a sense of the team and atmosphere have a look at: https://www.facebook.com/InsideSumUpBG
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.