Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
Personio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. Personio simplifies and automates recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have offices in London and Madrid. Earlier this year we began building out our international sales and software engineering hub in Dublin from scratch. Globally we are home to 500 employees, 2,500 customers and we're growing rapidly. In January we acquired $75 million in 'Series C' funding, led by Silicon Valley VC firm Accel. We're rated 4.7/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 99% CEO favourability and 97% would recommend a friend to work here. This year we were listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch and in addition to that we celebrated recorded breaking months in June, July and September this year. Come join us.
As a Frontend Engineer you will work in an effective, autonomous, cross-functional product team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for taking our UX and UI to the next level in close collaboration with designers and product owners, and improving our React/Redux codebase that we run on AWS.
Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell
- Direct contribution to Personio codebase as a frontend engineer, as part of a product team
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Support in the development and reinforcement of frontend engineering standards and guidelines
- Close collaboration with technical (backend, QA & infrastructure) and non-technical (product, design) roles to understand and challenge end user requirements and ultimately translate these into effective technical solutions
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as individual contributor
- Helping with selecting, onboarding, and coaching of junior members of the team
What you need to succeed
- Relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Appreciation towards software craftsmanship, clean code, and SOLID design principles
- Sound experience in automated testing, performance monitoring and optimisation
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value
- You are a team player and passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are business-fluent in English
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19. Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension, up to 5% matching scheme
- Caboodle benefits plan which includes a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, corporate discounts and employee assistance program
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Flexible working hours
- €1,500 Euros development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook (to work with)
- Regular team and company events e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, annual ski trip, online virtual events during Covid etc.
- Relocation support