Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleMission of the role
Product outstanding front end technology to help businesses with website migration and growth.
Team setup and reporting lines
The Front End Engineer is part of the Marketing team and reports to the Teamlead, Website. Weekly updates are given to discuss current challenges and everyday business topics. The Front End Engineer will also have the opportunity to hire and mentor junior developers or interns.
Core Responsibilities and Expectations
- Able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes
- Contribute to documentation (instructional and technical specification)
- Collaborate and guide other non-technical staff, particularly designers, on how they can help with the process
- Conduct code reviews with fellow team members
- Consistently meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with back-end and API developers to enhance the user experience
- Work closely with the business analysts to understand use cases and user needs
- Knowledge of building sites that meet WCAG accessibility standards
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience with developing & maintaining design systems eg Storybook
What you need to succeedCompetencies and sought character traits
- Organization and planning - Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets complex projects in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Creativity & innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to problems..
- Communication skills - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Can create/write engaging, educating and entertaining content.
- Customer empathy - Ability to walk in the shoes of our customers. Understands the daily jobs, challenges, goals and KPIs of our personas.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexibility & adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Great experience working with Modern front-end frameworks in a professional capacity (e.g. Solid knowledge in React, Vue)
- Be fluent in HTML, CSS, and related frameworks such as SASS or Styled Components
- Have awareness and experience of build tools (e.g. Webpack) and source control (e.g. Git)
- Experience producing and optimising code for performance & speed
- Strong expertise with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience using static site generators and headless CMS systems - Contentful, Gatsby, NextJs, Hugo etc
- Have worked with REST and GraphQL APIs & GatsbyJs APIs- Routing, Pulling data etc
- Experience with multiregional and multilingual sites
- Experience working with SEO & Schema tags
- Good knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience w/ React as well as Contentful CMS is advantageous
- Extensive experience developing complex web applications with React, Hooks, and TypeScript
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- Choose between two mobility options: Tax Commuter Loan and the Cycle to Work Scheme and receive a subsidy of 43.50€/month from Personio
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes)
- Enjoy training with Gympass with a subsidy of 30€/month from Personio
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares