As part of our vision to become a truly global IT organization, we have started to build out local, autonomous, cross-functional squads that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution with full autonomy. As Frontend Engineer, you will be a part of one of two of our new squads in Brazil, which means that you will have the freedom to experiment with new things and apply your ideas in our products.
What you'll do
- Be part of a cross-functional agile squad, helping us to build out our new products and experiences.
- Impact engineers working on the web across different products and applications across the company
- Collaborate with peers in Product, Design and Engineering to get the big picture and work with other engineers to build tools, integrations, libraries, and infrastructure that support both the technical and product strategy of the company.
- Actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation;
- Interact daily with our different areas bringing technical perspective for each new feature, but also taking account the business value added on it.
You'll be great for this position if
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write meaningful tests.
- You have experience with or interest in Functional Programming techniques.
- You are able to anticipate how developers are likely to use the tools you build, potential issues with your documentation, APIs, or abstractions.
- You care about user interaction, performance, usability, and of course – making the interface beautiful and accessible.
If you have good English writing and listening - you'll be working in a truly global company.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
SulAmérica health insurance plan (co-participation), Caju benefit (multiple possibilities: meals, culture, health), Partnership for mental health activities with Zenklub, optional dental assistance, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance and more.
- You’ll be based in the heart of São Paulo, one of LATAM’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.