About the opportunity
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of establishing a new Group Finance organization and all group processes. We are transforming the Finance organization and all of our processes to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a leading, digital bank that is operating globally. This role is an excellent entry opportunity for an FP&A professional with strong technical skills, which opens up very attractive opportunities in the broader Finance team.
In this role, you will:
Partner with the FP&A Manager to take our FP&A function to the next level in terms of forecast accuracy, process efficiency and building financial awareness across the organization
- Be part of the Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering team, who directly support the Founders and the C-level
Support the C-level with decision-relevant analyses, tools and predictions by analyzing historical and current trends and future opportunities
- Lead the integration of our forecast processes and tools across all legal entities in the N26 group structure
- Drive accountability for strategic, business and financial objectives by delivering accurate management reporting and supporting the preparations of the monthly management reviews
- Own and develop an integrated forecast model covering 3 financial statements (P/L, B/S, CF)
- Support the acceleration of the planning process (monthly forecast, real-time forecast)
- Spearhead the automation of our forecast processes and models, and explore the potential of digitizing the planning process through Workday ERP and FP&A planning software; project-manage and implement the changes across N26 group
- Drive the overall financial planning process and contribute to strategic projects such as fundraising, M&A and others
What you need to be successful:
In your professional career you have gained a few years of relevant work experience in planning and financial analysis, and you have been recognized by your peers as an expert in complex financial modelling. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in a high-performing team, where deliverables and priorities rapidly evolve, and who work in close collaboration with senior management. You are a team player who proactively builds relationships across levels and functions, and you have the leadership, ambition, and self-initiative to shape your own area.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in investment banking, Big 4, fast-paced start-up or in FP&A in a highly innovative corporate
Expert in financial modelling (incl. building P/L, B/S, CF) in the Office package/ G Suite and comfortable dealing with large amounts of data; familiarity with cloud-based planning software and ERP planning modules and/ or strong skills in SQL are a plus
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen, ability to understand and articulate complex financial information in a concise manner
- Excellent presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills, including experience managing senior F&A stakeholders
- Prior experience in project management is desired
- Prior experience in developing and implementing new planning tools and processes is desired
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, drawing conclusions and insights from data
- You flourish dealing with uncertainties and you structure the unstructured
- Able to deal with tight deadlines and to handle multiple priorities, whilst delivering reliable and quality results, attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.