Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As our Food Quality and Hygiene Controller you are the champion of product quality, food safety and hygiene within one of our Infarm Growing Centres where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques, as well as our instore operations local to this site. You have experience of either working in a quality role within an industrial manufacturing or food production environment, or of working with Infarm’s plant production procedures. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands on with your day to day work.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions by working closely with site teams and also having close contact with Food Safety & Hygiene and Global Crop Operations HQ teams
- Undertake the daily GMP inspections on site, record, and submit all relevant information to Food Safety & Hygiene team in a timely manner and report back to site management team required corrective actions and ensure these are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct regular product quality checks based on guidelines
- Deliver quick-fix on time solutions, working closely with the site team on any deficiencies affecting product safety or quality that are discovered during day to day operations
- Assist production staff with daily operational food safety and hygiene in coordination with guidance from the Food Safety & Hygiene team
- Deliver on-the-job training to the production staff in food safety, quality and hygiene when required
- Prepare site food safety and hygiene performance report monthly
- Carry out regular on line and finished goods quality checks on product look, packaging integrity, packaging information and taste
- Carry out inspections on plant health during growing cycle, working with plant experts to report any anomalies for investigation
- Conduct regular hygiene inspections and tests based on guidelines
- Communicate regularly and promptly (i.e. any potential problems on food safety or plant quality) with HQ teams.
- Prior experience at Infarm in the plant production process or in a quality control role within a food production or manufacturing environment is beneficial
- A degree qualification in agricultural and food technology disciplines is advantageous
- Capable of understanding safety, hygiene and quality principles, and able to communicate and train these to others
- A strong objectivity and meticulous attention to details
- MS Office and presentation skills at intermediate level
- Valid driving licence is a plus
- Potential travel requirements to Infarm sites in other cities.
What We Offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various employee resource groups about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Stay fueled: Grab lunch, refreshments and free herbs
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.