Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As Production Site Manager you will ensure the smooth running of our plant production in our London Hub and guarantee that only the best plants reach our customers by adhering to hygiene and quality standards while maintaining your goals on profitability. You will be responsible for the management, development and expansion of the production site and will provide creative solutions for challenges. You bring a high degree of personal responsibility and initiate or lead projects to increase efficiency and productivity.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Lead the Infarm Plant Hub team in our production hub, consisting of Nursery & Plant Production, Facility Technician and Warehouse colleagues
- Train, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to promote a highly professional, positive and engaging work environment
- Work closely with your manager to plan and control production processes and capacities, and nursery operations planning
- Take ownership of employee scheduling, stock management, and provide your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Ensure that specification-compliant quality is maintained and delivered, taking into account the agreed service level
- Ensure compliance with legal and company regulations, especially in the areas of food production and occupational health and safety
- Work closely with your manager to optimise relevant performance indicators based on a structured improvement program
- Coordinate and manage projects, such as the introduction of new product types
- You have a dedicated leadership personality with excellent communication skills and 5+ years of management experience
- You have a degree or background in production, process engineering with a process-oriented background; alternatively, you have a background in management within the food or hospitality sector
- You have professional experience in a leading position in production or operations management
- You are confident working in a rapidly changing environment with a continuous development of structure and processes
- Your approach to work is characterised by a results driven orientation and you have strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- You have at least basic knowledge in business administration and employment law
- You possess a strong verbal and written level of English
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 28 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch and refreshments provided 5 days a week
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.