Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
The Food Production Director will be responsible for building a world class food manufacturing culture across infarm’s global network of production sites. They will have direct management responsibility for global health and safety, food standards and crop operations support teams, as well as our Berlin ‘gold standard’ production facility.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Custodian of the ‘Infarm growing system’ - our blueprint for site culture - ensuring that the operating principles within this (Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Service & Cost) are implemented in a balanced way.
- Owner of global production KPI measurement forums, working with regional heads of food production and hub managers to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Dotted line management of these regional food production managers responsible for a network of manufacturing sites across 10 countries (and growing).
- Driver of global health and safety performance, taking a proactive approach to risk management and hazard analysis and ensuring global compliance.
- Control food safety and hygiene management system to Global GAP standards and beyond, building a strong regional network of quality, safety and environmental management (QSEM) specialists.
- Develop a system of regular measures and checks in place around safety and hygiene, with a robust incident management procedure.
- Manage global crop operations team, responsible for optimizing harvest performance and plant quality through a regional network of plant experts and maintenance technicians.
- Build capacity planning function, creating simple tools and processes for hub managers to use in order to translate forecasts into planting schedules.
- Collaborate closely with operational programmes and industrial engineering teams for successful execution of change and automation projects.
- Partner with supply chain and expansion teams to ensure new site build activities are conducted in a safe, efficient and responsible manner.
- Work closely with digital product teams to further develop measurement and reporting systems for key processes and metrics.
- Become a key part of the central operations management team, defining and implementing the team’s strategy and objectives.
- Proven track record as a leader within FMCG manufacturing, ideally in a high care food environment, and across multiple sites and countries
- Strong experience of working within regulated environments operating to Global GAP Food standards or related (e.g. Pharma/Aerospace etc)
- Health and Safety management, with relevant associated training/qualifications
- Clear examples of managing performance KPI’s across a portfolio of locations
- People management experience of at least 3 direct reports
- Experience of working within a matrixed organizational structure is an advantage
- History of collaboration with diverse functional teams around an established business - ie. marketing, commercial, supply chain
- Proven experience in supporting communication and change management associated with the roll out of new procedures and principles within existing sites and their stakeholders.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- Monthly BVG ticket.
- Fresh herbs to take home.
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ.
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.