In this role, you will:
- Be a key contributor to our Accounting Platform Solutions team
- Take an active role in the automation of accounting and reporting processes participating in improvement projects, for example process optimizations and the description of administrative processes and procedures
- Maintain and develop systems and processes, ensuring the appropriate balance between control and efficiency
- Continuously develop the business processes underlying our Finance ERP: Workday Financials
- Take ownership of the procure-to-pay processes, together with the sourcing team
- Take ownership of work packages within the monthly, quarterly, yearly financial reporting process as well as the upstream bookkeeping procedures
- Perform the day-to-day operations within Accounting as part of the global accounting team
- Build out reconciliation mechanisms to verify journal entries
- Complete, record and reconcile payment runs for various group entities
- Support the statutory and group audit
- Build a strong interface within the larger group finance team around common topics
- Build out further the tax reporting and assist in tax reporting
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree with a focus on Finance, Controlling, Audit or comparable majors
- 2-3 years of work experience in Finance in a fast paced environment
- Profound knowledge in IFRS and German GAAP as well as understanding and experience for internal controls
- Interest in and understanding for ERP systems and processes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving with tight deadlines.
- “Can-do” and “Hands-on” mentality and a focus on achieving goals
- Experience in project management and willingness to deliver in agile ways of working
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Flexible and able to work with changing priorities
- Experience of working with and managing external service providers
- Fluent English and good German skills
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.