About the opportunity
It’s an exciting time to join the Finance & Strategy team, as we are right in the middle of developing the newly established Group Finance team and all group processes. A step-change of the Finance organization and our processes is required to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a global bank with a complete and holistic product portfolio.
If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, an expert in business finance and skilled at developing strong relationships across an organisation...then keep on reading, this job might be the right one for you.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the Group Finance Business Partnering team, which supports the C-Level management in driving value
- Support the marketing managers, providing decision-making support from a financial perspective
- Support the marketing and overhead spend planning cycle, track actuals versus plan, work with the teams to assess marketing RoI and contribute to related management meetings
- Collaborate with the rest of the Finance team, providing insights and the “story” behind the numbers
- Develop tools and processes to continuously improve financial planning and analysis support for the marketing teams, including leveraging our all-new ERP
What you need to be successful:
- Business finance degree (Bachelor or above)
- Minimum 2 years of professional finance business partnering or management consulting experience, preferably with a background in sales and marketing controlling
- You have worked as a trusted business partner to operational management
- Part-qualified for CIMA or other professional qualification is a plus
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment with multiple stakeholders would be a plus
- Solid understanding of FP&A and accounting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical abilities, with proven experience in drawing conclusions and making insights from data
- Close attention to detail
- Fluent in English (other languages are a plus)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint, preferably also Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills)
- Strong personal leadership, highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- Resilient, proven ability to learn from setbacks and course-correct
- Gives and receives open, direct and timely feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.