Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of exponential customer and product growth. After our recent $125M Series D funding we are the most valuable HR tech company in Europe and we are investing heavily in our Technology Platform.
The mission of the Technology Platform tribe is to ensure Personio is built and operated with excellence. We are responsible for ensuring our application adheres to the highest technical standards, and ensuring our engineers have the tools and infrastructure to achieve this. We measure engineering excellence through core metrics of software development delivery. We use these metrics to drive initiatives that enable our peer engineering teams to build, test, deploy, monitor and operate Personio to the highest industry standards. We believe that technical engineering excellence is the foundation for product development excellence and the foundation of Personio’s success as a company.
We crave data driven decisions and we are creating a new Data Engineering team to fulfill this need. The Engineering Manager will build a new team, refine the mission and roadmap, and deliver a new pillar to our Technology Platform. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants a fresh challenge, with a fresh team in an exciting company with a supportive environment. You will also get the opportunity to join the wider network of engineering managers across Europe and participate in initiatives which impact engineering, operational and management excellence across the entire company.
- You have a core responsibility to improve the technology platform of Personio, ideally in the area of data engineering but also in one or more of the other areas of excellence including infrastructure automation, build and deployments, library and frameworks and quality automation.
- You will hire and develop high-performing teams by focusing on the development of our engineers.
- You will define the mission and vision of your team, and you will define goals and roadmaps that will progress towards this vision.
- You will work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach.
- You will build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole engineering department.
- You will leverage your technical skills and experience to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices
What you will get:
- Autonomy: You’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality.
- Transparency: We’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them.
- Feedback: We firmly believe in learning from each other, for which we embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback.
- Opportunity: You have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, on-boarding and much more.
- Diversity: The best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects.
- Flexibility: There is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective.
What you need to succeed
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications, tools, or distributed systems.
- You have a proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence and transparency.
- You have an ability to to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead.
- You are data driven in your decision making.
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organisation you can communicate transparently and effectively.
- You have excellent English language skills (level C1/C2)
- You are willing to relocate to Dublin.
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Flexibility to balance work between remote and in the office
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares