Engineering Manager - Web Platform
SumUp’s Global Platform helps to provide valuable, accessible, and differentiated experiences to our merchants through collaboration with SumUppers to innovate, build and run products & services at velocity and scale.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll take ownership for the Web Platform Team by leading and guiding them, partnering with a Product Manager and reporting to the VP of Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Develop a strong understanding of the technical challenges your Web team members face through pair programming and code reviews
- A background in Web Engineering or experience in leading web engineering teams
- Participate in technical discussions and help us shaping the roadmap with a visionary founder’s mindset
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to hire and onboard engineers by taking care of headcount planning, defining needed skills, interviewing, preparing onboarding plans for new hires, and following up on learning and integration
- Support the team in learning and development by using career development tools, identifying learning needs and encouraging the team to develop themselves
- Hold your team members accountable and create a strong two-way feedback loop
- Engage and improve our engineering culture by driving team-strengthening activities, such as offsites, hackathons, cross-team projects and knowledge-sharing sessions
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have 7+ years professional experience in IT and Engineering and at least 3+ years of leading agile engineering teams.
- You’re confident acting as the single point-of-contact for ‘owned’ areas (Web Platform) - working with cross-functional partners across the company to achieve all aspects of the project management cycle.
- You have outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills, and will thrive in a consensus-driven culture where a diversity of perspectives is cherished (English is a must-have).
- You have a proven track record of managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results.
- You have an intuitive understanding of the importance of data in understanding trends, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.