We believe in the everyday hero!
We believe that anyone should be able to start their own business. The democratization of technology has disrupted our way of living and changed people’s attitude toward money and spending behaviors. At SumUp, we aspire to create a world where small businesses can be successful in doing what they love.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy, and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all.
Sumup is a global FinTech founded in 2012, actually leading mobile point-of-sale in Europe, present in 35 markets.
In this job you will work with several small, cross-functional engineering teams on our Merchant Acquisition Platform to develop market- facing features, powering our marketing website, our online shop and partner portal as well as our global logistics fulfillment solution. We strive for end-to-end ownership in our teams and you will be working alongside the engineering teams, enable them to be successful and help our engineers to reach their full potential, reach mastery of their skills and develop new competencies to advance their personal growth.
What you’ll be doing in this position:
- Be a collaborative member for the development of your own team;
- Develop best practices and cross-cutting engineering concerns;
- Help the teams to optimize their value delivery;
- Foster engineering practices and techniques like TDD and pair programming;
- Support development of engineers in designing and planning feature implementations;
- Provide design feedback to enable team autonomy and a scalable and maintainable code base;
- Provide code review feedback, considering both style and implementation;
- Use regular 1:1 to guide your team through their career development and best use of their personal and development skills;
- Set expectations early with team members around their performance and behavior in a team setting;
- Commitment to understand and improve our engineering culture by driving team strengthening activities, such as offsites, hackathons, cross-team projects, and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding of engineers.
You'll be a great fit for this position if:
- You understand the importance of cross-functional team spirit vs. traditional expert-based organizations;
- You have a solid CS background and experience in a software engineering management role;
- Proven track record in building high performing teams;
- You are self-motivated and proactive with great English communication skills;
- You understand fundamental design principles, data modeling, and API design;
- You have experience with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL;
- You have been exposed to microservices, containers and relevant runtimes;
- Solid debugging, optimization and problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of software development life-cycle including Agile development;
- Willingness to take risks.
You will be a rockstar if:
- Contribution to open source projects or personal projects is part of what you do;
- Experience working in an international environment with distributed teams;
- You are engaged in the Tech Community.
Why work with us - we offer:
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization;
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results;
- Nice flexible working hours - you make your own schedule and have freedom to align with the team if you want to work from home;
- Benefits: transport voucher or parking space, meal voucher, Gympass, healthcare insurance (dental optional), life insurance;
- Convenient location in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.