Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work.
- Embrace modern engineering practices and have strong problem-solving skills.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The Software team contributes to that mission by building web and mobile apps to:
- Monitor, automate and control our vertical farms to provide the highest quality crops
- Support the logistics of operations along with the crops life cycle
- Monitor the quality of our crops to drive operational improvements
We work hard to continuously improve the quality of our farms. We want them to become more clever and data-driven, so that they can provide the best possible growing environment for our crops and nurture them to perfection. Our team also aims to shorten the path from customer request to delivery as much as possible to provide the best customer experience. Will you help us to achieve these goals?
As an Infarm Software Engineering Manager, you:
- Lead a team of IoT & software engineers contributing to the development of our products.
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports.
- Collaborate with product and engineering management across multiple teams, along with various other stakeholders, to deliver our product solutions.
- Develop and implement staffing and hiring plans.
- Foster a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust while ensuring your team members’ growth and satisfaction.
- Experience managing IoT & software developers with a key focus on modern web & mobile applications and cloud services
- Strong knowledge of Scrum agile framework
- Great and effective communication skills across engineering, product and business teams. Fluent in English.
It would also be great if you have experience with
- Confluence and Jira
- Systems engineering skills for IoT software development
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a growing company focused on sustainability, people, innovation, and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances.
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of respectful, helpful colleagues.
- A remote-first mindset that allows you to contribute from wherever you feel the most comfortable.
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Yearly BVG ticket (when located in Berlin)
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.