If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
At sennder, we focus on automating and the digitalising of all road logistics. Today, we are Europe's leading freight forwarder offering access to our fleet of thousands of trucks to shippers. Technology is the backbone of our company, we are scaling up fast, and we are looking for talented engineers who want to take part in paving the way logistics is done in future.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager that can take ownership of one of our full-stack, cross-functional squads owning parts of the sennder platform.
Our engineering teams build user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. You will build solutions in a full-stack feature team and be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and the complexity of the logistics business.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment while providing the technical vision and strategy to the teams and help them execute. This role is reporting directly into the CTO.
Your challenge will be:
- Build, grow and guide the full stack engineering team that solve difficult problems in the logistics space
- Drive external and internal hiring as well as developing our engineering talent into new challenges and roles.
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed on target state.
- Work closely with the Product and User Experience Organisation and embrace lean and agile product development practices and data-driven decision making.
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seeks to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into outward-looking technology strategy.
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example inline with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance.
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organization by exceeding expectations of customers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams;
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams;
To get there you will need:
- Confirmed engineering leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architectures patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, micro frontends, etc.
Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems and passionate about code quality
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with an aspiration to excel in your role
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understand when it is appropriate doing so.
- Fluency in English
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym!
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office
- A competitive salary
We are looking forward to your application!